Friday, January 22, 2010

Choosing The Right Car Seat For Baby

My baby doesn't like to be strapped in car seat. I guess besides it doesn't give her freedom to move around, she also dislikes the colour of her car seat. Due to my lack of experience, as this was the first time buying car seat for first baby, I bought Safety First car seat which was on sale for S$249. I checked around and compared to Maxi-Cosi which costs around $800, and some Japanese brand which has great padding but it costs over 1k. So both hubby and I chose Safety First car seat, which has great value.

This Safety First car seat, as pictured on the right, is the one we bought. The parts are made in China, but the assembly is in the States. It actually meets all the safety requirements we look for when choosing car seat.

•Rear-facing 5-35 lbs.
•Forward-facing 22-40 lbs.
•5-point harness with up-front adjustment
•4 harness heights & 3 buckle locations
•Side Impact Protection
•Removable cup holder can be used on either side
•Infant head support and soft harness covers
•Removable, washable pad
•and most importantly, meets Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (although it doesn't have ISO-fix)

So you can see for yourself, it is actually a very great car seat. Only that it is only available in black/gray colour, which is not a friendly colour for baby, well at least for my baby. She kept looking at the black colour, and moments later she cried and wanted to be carried away.

I guess I should shop around for car seat cover which has bright colours, so my baby won't get scared.

As for you all who are looking for car seats, please do consider the colour when purchasing car seat. Especially if you do not want to be bothered looking around for car seat cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment