Sunday, August 23, 2009

Taking Care of Baby When Sick due to H1N1 Virus

It has been 7 months into motherhood, and I am loving every minute of it. Looking at that toothless smile is so priceless, wipe away all my stress and sorrows. My daugher, Raelene, really loves to play and I should say, very sociable. She loves playing with people, even strangers.

Anyway, I have been sick for almost 2 weeks now. A very bad flu, possibly H1N1. Can't confirm since I didn't take any blood test to confirm it. Anyway, it was a very bad flu, nothing like those I've had before. I suffered from headache, very bad sore throat, cough, phlegm, chills, nausea, vomitting, joint aches, lethargic. I was so sick I slept for 2 whole days, only woke up for meals and medicine.

This flu is so contagious that my husband also catched it from me. I am not very concerned about me nor my husband getting sick, we both take Tamiflu for the H1N1 virus. We both healthy adults and not in high risks groups. But our biggest concern is about our baby. She's still so young and Tamiflu is only for 1 year old and above.

First 2 days when I was sick, my baby also suffered from cough, fever, and lots of vomitting phlegm. I was sick worried but I can't do anything as I have to stay away from my baby. Luckily I have maid at home, and she can help take care of my baby the whole time I was sick. I gave her chinese medicine, and after 2 days, her fever went away, left a bit of coughing and phlegm.

And the fact my husband was also sick, just elevated my level of worry. I prayed every day for her well-being. May God always protect and bless her with great health.

No comments:

Post a Comment