Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Swim

It was just yesterday when I finished feeding my baby and put her on her stroller. I sat down and was busy with my laptop. Next couple of minutes later I checked on her, and she was busy looking at both her palms. She turned both her palms forward and sideways, then she looked at her arms.

Guilty feelings strucked me when seeing her with no rattles no nothing to play with, and instead just looking at her own palms and arms. Goshh. Then I decided to bring her down to the swimming pool for her first swim. All these times I've been trying to postpone swimming for her as the water is pretty cold for me. But seeing her like that, I decided for her to try out swimming.

Next thing is I was holding her in my arms while standing next to the pool. Acting as if she knew I was going to put her in the pool, she closed both her ears with her hands. She always do that whenever she feels uneasy, tensed or scared. I put her on my lap, she still had not touched the water yet. I touched the water and luckily, the water was pretty warm, as it has been a hot day.

I started by splashing water on her feet, getting her to use to the feeling of the pool water. She gave no reaction, then I slowly put her on the floater. She was so tensed, her fists clenched while holding on the floater. She was so still and didn't move any body parts until the next 10 minutes. Hahaha. But she was being a really good girl with new experiences. She didn't cry nor being cranky. Look at her tensed face.



My First Swim

She was being so quiet and still, although I know that she actually enjoys playing with water. Whenever I bathe her, she always squeals so happily and keep on splashing the water until I am almost completely wet.

Can't wait to bring her for another swimming to get her used to new surroundings and experiences. (^-^)

2 comments:

  1. remembering with my son for first swim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Such a cutie!
    I'm now a fan of your baby! ^_^

    ReplyDelete